Thread: Easy 20L

Default Easy 20L

Took some sunset pics of my ultra low maintenance 20l. Kinda messy right now but still alright looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a long for the ride biggin's Avatar

What filter are you using? It would seem that the powerhead and filter are a bit overkill, might clean up the look some.

I also think some sort of background or paint, or something cleans up the wires and whatnot behind the tank.
    "I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. " - Mitch Hedberg

“If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it.” – Anonymous

There's no filter, it's the dawn lighting for the tank from the planted+ light. I did sharpen it a little bit. It's running on a eheim 2213 and a eheim surface skimmer, so they're both required. This isn't a display tank, it's actually a fun tank on my fish/shrimp rack so I put very little effort into it, plants are all slow growers. I just thought it looked pretty good that night.

Plants are
    java fern
    Java fern trident
    Mini pelia
    Pilo moss
    Anubias Nana petite
    Marsilea Crenata

Just a long for the ride biggin's Avatar

By filter I meant the Eheim 2213.

It is a good looking tank, I was just giving some observations.
    "I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. " - Mitch Hedberg

“If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it.” – Anonymous

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

I have rolls of tape on background, some for 10 gallons, some that are bascially scrap from big rolls that could be trimmed to size. send me a PM if you'd like one. The scrap ones, many with plants, or plain blue on one side black on the other, are free
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Thanks! That's really nice of you! I do have plans for this specific tank sometime in the future but with a 3 month baby and 12 tanks currently supporting life, I've decided to hold off on any progression until my schedule is more stabilized. Again, that's so very nice of you.

Thanks, Biggin! The filtration is definitely an overkill but that was also on purpose for future stockings. The surface agitation is compensation by pressurized co2, 1 bubble every 5 seconds. I also have the glass lily pipes for the filters but that's just adds more maintenance. I've let this tank run for over two months with no water change due to time constraint and everything was doing perfectly well.

- - - Updated - - -

20190124_204246.jpg
    Difference of the sunset lighting between fresh and salt water.