Thread: Plant ID

Default Plant ID

I got this at an APC meeting this summer. It has done pretty well with no care other than removing the hair algae that came with it. It would probably make a good carpeting plant with a little effort. What is it? Some sort of Rotala?

20181230_105535.jpg

20181230_105312.jpg

20181230_105322.jpg

pearlweed.

I can't identify the plant, it doesn't really look like Micranthemum to me. But thanks for the photo of the happy platy.

I think JerCarr91 may be correct with the ID. I found this video about pearlweed and it looks a lot like my plant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWZ4hRWwF0

Michael, the platys are happy and gluttons. I did not realize they were such pigs. They practically jump out of the tank when they think they are about to be fed. No babies yet. Should not be much longer.

The nomenclature is really confused on this plant. "Pearlweed" made me think of Micranthemum tweediei, a.k.a 'Monte Carlo', and it isn't that. But it IS the plant in the video, although I think it is misidentified in the video. Try looking up Hemianthus glomeratus or H. 'Amano Pearl Grass' and see if those are a match. Here is a link to FlowGrow's entry https://www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticpl...hus-glomeratus

Yes, those platies are pigs, but very very pretty pigs.

Probably not Hemianthus micranthemoidesbased on the description on the FlowGrow site. Your suggestion of Hemianthusglomeratus, aka the Manatee Mudflower, is the most likely ID.