Thread: Cory Fungus?

Default Cory Fungus?

So for the past 2 months or so, a few of my corys have had fuzzy white stuff which I think is fungus. I am pretty sure it is not anything else more serious since I assume they would have died by now.
    I have 7 and 3 are affected. The other 4 look healthy and have never had signs of the fuzzy spots.

So far I tried a week of paraguard, a regiment of both metroplex and kanaplex, and now I am in a second week of paraguard. Nothing seems to be working. I tried to catch them to do dips, but they are very shy and very hard to catch since I have a lot of plants and hardscape.

Besides having white stuff, they act pretty normal. I just want to help them get rid of it.

Pictures of the corys
    IMG_20181205_204136~2.jpg
    IMG_20181204_204819~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20181210_190441.jpg

They are in a planted 30g tank that I do weekly water changes on.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

what is your temperature? Raise it if it's below 75.

yes, and I can't remember what. not true fungus but columnaris is going around. I think I ended up treating with tetracycline as nothing else was working.

However. Start with looking at temp, and if wasn't low then take a look at meds. My best medical encyclopedia is great for ID on disease but the meds recommended are often not available anymore.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Water temp usually around 77 +/- 1 degree so I don't think that is an issue.

If it was columnaris, wouldn't they have died by now?

You might check on Gordon's Pond Rid Fungus. It doesn't hurt catfish or invertebrates and should be ok with aquarium plants. I've always used Kordon products and love the fact that they use natural herbal chemicals and oils.
    "Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present."

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by plant lady View Post
    You might check on Gordon's Pond Rid Fungus. It doesn't hurt catfish or invertebrates and should be ok with aquarium plants. I've always used Kordon products and love the fact that they use natural herbal chemicals and oils.
    Thank you, I will give this a try since it seems my current paraguard treatment is not doing anything.

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

I think that sounds good Plant Lady, and yes, with columnaris they likely would have died, and your temp is perfect.... Keep us posted on results?
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi View Post
    I think that sounds good Plant Lady, and yes, with columnaris they likely would have died, and your temp is perfect.... Keep us posted on results?
    Will keep y'all updated. Will be a few days before I have the medicine.

Update after a week or two of treatment:

One cory died found his skeleton lodged behind some plants.

Others are still doing okay, but fungus hasnt improved much. Going to continue with stronger dose of Kordon Rid Fungus for another week.