Thread: DIY all in one frag tank

Site Supporter Site Supporter lgsasquatch's Avatar

Default DIY all in one frag tank

I put this one together today, I've been planning it for a while to go with my 36g quarantine tank. Only thing left is to buy another light diffuser from Home depot to make the racking system for it. I have plans to build an over/under stand to put these tanks on with some storage space on the bottom. This was used as my main tank untill I bought my 55 I have now. It has a 3 chamber filtration area where it will overflow onto some live rock rubble and some other filter media like carbon. The middle chamber is cor the protein skimmer then onto the return zone. Im going to try to hide the 100w hydor heater with the return pump witch is a rio 800+. The last 2 pics is from when it was my main display tank.
    20181016_214914.jpg
    20181016_213750.jpg20181016_213800.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-08-13-07-06-01.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    55g reef diy build

Just a long for the ride biggin's Avatar

Very nice, looks like you left enough room behind your baffle to actually work back there.
    "I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. " - Mitch Hedberg

“If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it.” – Anonymous

That a nice way to do a built in all in one.

I liked it when I ran it for my main tank for a while. I figured I'll make one change to the flow and run it for a frag tank.
    55g reef diy build

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I finally was able to get back to work on my frag/quarantine set up. I built a temporary stand just for this tank so i can use it for my quarantine tank for some fish I'm getting shortly. I also finished the filter area of the tank by installing my foot valve for the ato and adding a rim across the top of the filter wall for my light to sit on. I have installed my power strip and diy ato set up under the tank and started running my electrical wires. I have just a little more work to get done then on my next water change I can half way fill it with tank water and top off with freshly made salt water and get it cycled.

20190109_124508.jpg
    20190109_124520.jpg
    20190109_124554.jpg

I'll get some more pics of the stuck frame stand and the tank When i get home tonight.
    55g reef diy build

I got some work done to the all-in-one frag tank, witch will be my qt tank for the time being. The New qt tank will be a simple hob filter and hob skimmer, nothing fancy. I need to order the rebuild kit for my lifter pump if i can find one or order a New lifer pump to get my diy ato system working on it and i still need to clean up the electrical. I did find a Wi-Fi power strip that has 4 outlets on it and I can set up a timer on each one of them, witch I think is great. It takes the place of the old mechanical turn style timers and on my qt system I can run a day and a night light on each tank. I would tie it into my current apex system but it will be moved to the other side of the house once I get my 135g up and running.
    20190111_232759.jpg
    20190111_232818.jpg
    20190111_232743.jpg
    20190115_232907.jpg
    I'll get some pics of the Wi-Fi timer later today.
    55g reef diy build

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

I do like the way you divided it. Very nice, roomy, no skinned knuckles
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Maybe some skinned knuckles for me, I've got big hands. Lol. It isn't too bad, just habe to keep the media in bags for easy removal and cleaning.
    55g reef diy build