Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75 gallon African Cichlid tank

Site Supporter Site Supporter Vildayyan2003's Avatar

Thanks, Yuno! I appreciate it
    Tony

You're Welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

I filled it up and thankfully had no leaks. Got both the filters going. One of them was an absolute pain in the ass to prime. Took me at least 30 min. I eventually had to fill it up myself and start priming it. I like fluvals but damn maybe next time I'll try an eheim. I'm going to squeeze the bacteria from the other tank into the canisters tomorrow. I also am thinking about putting a wavemaker in there. I have one lying around from an older tank. Do cichlids like a nice current?

IMG_0789.jpg

Site Supporter Site Supporter carddude123's Avatar

Fluvals FX series doesn't need primed and every 24 hours it shuts off for 2 min to get all the air out
    Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Zrock Lithobates, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Albino Eureka Red, and a ton more.

Guess that's a common problem with Fluvals. My 406 hasn't self primed since the first or second time I started it up. Not a huge issue unless I have to clean out the tubing.
    75 Gallon High-Tech Planted (Build Stage)

Ok so I found a website that sells Cichlids at a decent price. Its called Tampa Bay Cichlids. I'm going with as follows 5 pseudotropheus acei, 5 Iodotropheus sprengerae, 5 cynotilapia afra nkhata, 5 labidochromis caeruleus, and 5 pseudotropheus sp. polit.

Looking great so far!

The view from my desk. The water is crystal clear now. I can't wait to fill this thing up with some fish.
    IMG_0834.jpg

noice!