Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our first tank in years...

If you need more plants, i got some to spare. I'm moving soon so I'm slowly downsizing my plants and fish.

Site Supporter Site Supporter Vildayyan2003's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerCarr91 View Post
    If you need more plants, i got some to spare. I'm moving soon so I'm slowly downsizing my plants and fish.
    Thanks for the offer, JerCarr, and I may take you up on it! And if the one piece of wood on the left doesn't stay down by this Saturday then I'll pull it out and cut down one of my black pieces of slate and just screw it down onto it but I was trying to avoid cutting the slate down to you in our next tank build. I truly appreciate all the advise and help, Fishbox!
    Last edited by Vildayyan2003; 10-04-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Tony

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

no problem at all, glad to help.

Default Two week update

Two week tank update: I finally defeated the floating wood that I have been battling and will do Imprezadude's method from now on on any wood while setting up a new tank. All of the plants in the tank have new growth and I added a single aponogeton ulvaceus that already has a huge flower bud all the way to the top tank and there is lots of good algae growth and lots of pond snails (Thanks DNA lol). I have been checking the water parameters every 3 days and on both Tuesday and Friday the tank was sitting at 0.0 ammonia, nitrite and nitrates. I'm definitely going to add a second HOB filter to the tank next as well. We hit DNA on Friday night and picked up the first tank friends...
    neon tetras x 9
    otocinclus cats x 6
    nerite snails x 3

20181006_144849.jpg
    Tony

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Looks good. Now to watch it fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vildayyan2003 View Post
    Two week tank update: I finally defeated the floating wood that I have been battling and will do Imprezadude's method from now on on any wood while setting up a new tank. All of the plants in the tank have new growth and I added a single aponogeton ulvaceus that already has a huge flower bud all the way to the top tank and there is lots of good algae growth and lots of pond snails (Thanks DNA lol). I have been checking the water parameters every 3 days and on both Tuesday and Friday the tank was sitting at 0.0 ammonia, nitrite and nitrates. I'm definitely going to add a second HOB filter to the tank next as well. We hit DNA on Friday night and picked up the first tank friends...
    neon tetras x 9
    otocinclus cats x 6
    nerite snails x 3

20181006_144849.jpg
    Looks Great!
    55 gallon - C. Afra "Cobue", Pseudotropheus demasoni, Astatotilapia calliptera "Chizumulu Island", Copadichromis borleyi Kadango, Lethrinops Intermedius “Green Face”

55 gallon Bare, needs reseal - for sale
    40 gallon Seaclear - Bare, needs polishing - for sale
    20 gallon bare needs cleaning - for sale

love the look

Is your Emperor 400 noisy at all? I don't mean the water returning to the tank, but more like motor noise?
    55 gallon - C. Afra "Cobue", Pseudotropheus demasoni, Astatotilapia calliptera "Chizumulu Island", Copadichromis borleyi Kadango, Lethrinops Intermedius “Green Face”

55 gallon Bare, needs reseal - for sale
    40 gallon Seaclear - Bare, needs polishing - for sale
    20 gallon bare needs cleaning - for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Is your Emperor 400 noisy at all? I don't mean the water returning to the tank, but more like motor noise?
    I wouldn't call it noisy but it certainly isn't whisper quiet either. I'd say about the same noise level as the water return flow.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Rick, I just added an Emperor 350 on the left side of the tank for much needed water flow and I can honestly say that it is louder than the 400.
    Tony