Thread: Getting back into the hobby

Site Supporter Site Supporter billbeckyalex's Avatar

Default Getting back into the hobby

Becky and I have been members of Fishbox, since 2008, but took break, since 2012. We had serious MTS, over 15 tanks, and close to 600 gallons of aquarium water to change and keep fresh. We have had angels, chiclids, guppies, plecos, shrimp and who knows what else. We would love to have the new tank set up and cycled, by the time the auction comes up next weekend, and we were wondering if anyone in the North Richland Hills, Southlake or Keller area, had anything that might promote healthy tank parameters, on an accelerated time table. Thinking either a seasoned sponge filter, 10-15 gallons of seasoned aquarium water, seasoned river rock, as that is what we are using for a base, or anything else anyone might suggest.
    Thanks

Bill and Becky Alexander

We are planning on making this either an angel tank or a male peacock tank.

Sorry picture is on its side. Just got water in, with filter and heater running. More to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill and Becky Alexander
    Returning to hobby, 75 gal, not sure of livestock

Welcome back! Please don't limit yourself to those items for good bacteria. If someone has lava rock, sand, decorations or even some floating plants, those can be put in your tank temporarily. Good luck!
    "Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present."

Unknown

Site Supporter Site Supporter carddude123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billbeckyalex View Post
    Becky and I have been members of Fishbox, since 2008, but took break, since 2012. We had serious MTS, over 15 tanks, and close to 600 gallons of aquarium water to change and keep fresh. We have had angels, chiclids, guppies, plecos, shrimp and who knows what else. We would love to have the new tank set up and cycled, by the time the auction comes up next weekend, and we were wondering if anyone in the North Richland Hills, Southlake or Keller area, had anything that might promote healthy tank parameters, on an accelerated time table. Thinking either a seasoned sponge filter, 10-15 gallons of seasoned aquarium water, seasoned river rock, as that is what we are using for a base, or anything else anyone might suggest.
    Thanks

Bill and Becky Alexander

We are planning on making this either an angel tank or a male peacock tank.

Sorry picture is on its side. Just got water in, with filter and heater running. More to come.
    I have 49 tanks and 1,955 gallons of water (21 40B, 10 30's, 15 10's, 275, 100 and 290).

And I have build racks for more 40B, 100's and 10's which will give me about 4,015 gallons so you might have MTS but not as bad as some of us
    Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Zrock Lithobates, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Albino Eureka Red, and a ton more.

I'm in haslet and have spare all of what you have listed. If interested just send me a pm.

Site Supporter Site Supporter carddude123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerCarr91 View Post
    I'm in haslet and have spare all of what you have listed. If interested just send me a pm.
    Sent pm
    Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Zrock Lithobates, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Albino Eureka Red, and a ton more.

Site Supporter Site Supporter billbeckyalex's Avatar

We'd like to thank all of those that made offers, and especially to JerCarr91. Jeremy, it was great to meet you and see your set ups. Thank you for the filter media and the plants, the bacteria bloom has started and we are waiting for it to calm down and the numbers to come into line for new occupants. We did throw a beta, that we had, in to help with the initial seasoning. He thinks he is in heaven...1 male beta in a 75 gallon tank. Wow. Look forward to seeing what will be available at the auction, Sunday.
    Bill
    Bill and Becky Alexander
    Returning to hobby, 75 gal, not sure of livestock

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

No problem at all. Glad to help out and its great that you're back in the hobby.