Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TCA Auction September 16th

Snail

thanks for the info guys.

Gypsi i have been a few times and have seen tons of things besides fish so if you want you can bring the lights

Site Supporter Site Supporter carddude123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daltonKye View Post
    thanks for the info guys.

Gypsi i have been a few times and have seen tons of things besides fish so if you want you can bring the lights
    Thing is though equipment tends to go really cheap. I took a 55 gallon black trimmed tank with a solid oak blacks stand and a matching black oak canopy to the auction and it only sold for $72 and then the fees were made it where I got about $65...the wood cost more than that

- - - Updated - - -

I plan on bringing some fry from a labeotropheus trewasae marmalade cat but the fry are split gene with some of the males having the marmalade gene and some not how should i label these. also can i use a air pump to put air in the bag or do i need an oxygen tank
    Just remember fry have to be at least 1" and at that size no more than 6 to a big bag fewer if the bag is smaller or if the fish are bigger

- - - Updated - - -

I plan on bringing some fry from a labeotropheus trewasae marmalade cat but the fry are split gene with some of the males having the marmalade gene and some not how should i label these. also can i use a air pump to put air in the bag or do i need an oxygen tank
    Just remember fry have to be at least 1" and at that size no more than 6 to a big bag fewer if the bag is smaller or if the fish are bigger
    Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Zrock Lithobates, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Albino Eureka Red, and a ton more.

Site Supporter Site Supporter

Auction will be at the same location as usual. I will be bringing bristlenose plecos, S petricola and a bunch of other fish. Will post a pre sale add in a few days. See you all there.

Auction should start about 11 AM and run until all items are sold. Cowboy game is at 7 so no excuses from that crowd this time.

Hilton Garden Inn DFW South, 2001 Valley View Lane, in Irving

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Auction should be fun especially your first time! You will be like a kid in the candy store!

My 1st one I felt like I was 10 yrs old and it was xmas morning
    Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Zrock Lithobates, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Albino Eureka Red, and a ton more.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bristlenosedude View Post
    Marmalade cat males are a variant from the normal blue males, I would not call it a split gene. They are rare in the wild. I line bred fulleborni for about 10 years never letting the blue males reproduce and never fully got the blue males eliminated.

Like above, don't feed for 3 or so days before bagging, O2 is best but you should be fine without it. I bag the evening before but use fresh water that has had an air stone running in it for a few days, don't use any tank water and do have an oxygen tank.
    The not taking water from the tank but rather fresh water is a great idea because after a few hours a lot of bags have particles in them were using fresh water would eliminate this issue.

Do people bring shrimps to sell there too?

Quote Originally Posted by linh1024 View Post
    Do people bring shrimps to sell there too?
    Yes. Please put me in for 1 order of jumbo shrimp cocktail.
    300G, 2 FX5, 1 FX6, Reef Angel Controller
    30+ F1 Frontosa Mpimbwe 4-7"
    16 White Lip Mdoka

110G
    20+ Red Bishop
    20+ Duboisi

Peacock cichlid Site Supporter

Not fish only. You can sell anything fish related. You may or may not get what you want for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can sell or buy shrimp at the auction.

Well its bagging day...sellers will be busy today getting ready for tomorros