Thread: Quarantine services

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

Default Quarantine services

Courtesy of a large group of fish with multiple illnesses I spent several hundred on pharmaceutical grade meds. They come in rather large sealed packages, not single dose packs.

Stuff to treat the new strains of ich, different forms of quinine. (although on clown loaches much better to start with clean fish - I will buy a batch of clowns and quarantine them for sale before I will risk anyone else's fish), and oxytetracycline for the new septicemia, Metronidazole - the pure stuff for hexamita, Praziquantel for flukes without having to crush the cat tapeworm tabs. Not sure what else I got, but if you've got some problem fish send me a PM. I've got a couple of empty quarantine tanks, and selling some fish Saturday to open up another.

I don't know what to charge but we can figure that out.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

A good start would be to add the cost of meds, as well as your water and electricity bill going towards each of the tanks. Then you have to come up with some reasonable cost per hour that you invested to take care of those fish. That'll include time spent doing water change and treating them.

sounds complicated. first let's see if anyone has problem fish, some of the meds were higher than others. I'm not as worried about the utilities as medication cost
    Gee, I get a sig file?

This might be feasible if I import in some tropheus. This is a good idea if you can quarantine saltwater fish as well.
    300G, 2 FX5, 1 FX6, Reef Angel Controller
    30+ F1 Frontosa Mpimbwe 4-7"
    16 White Lip Mdoka

110G
    20+ Red Bishop
    20+ Duboisi

I'll never quarantine saltwater again. Costs too much. Costs too much to fail too. Tropheus not a big deal.
    Gee, I get a sig file?