Thread: co2 diffuser

Default co2 diffuser

I currently have a diy inline diffuser for my planted tank that injects the co2 before the canister filter. It is working alright but not fully dissolving the co2 before returning to the tank. What does everyone else use to dissolve the co2? Do the commercial inline co2 diffusers work reliably? I'd really prefer to not to have anything else in the tank.

I spent a good portion of my day researching and ended up going with a Rex Griggs reactor. It's quite similar to that one, just no bypass. Now... I just have to decide if I'm going to do bioballs or leave the reactor empty.

Last edited by EnoOnraefi; 06-27-2018 at 11:34 PM.

I use this here after being through a lot of diffusers. Been though the black small fluval diffusers and the atomic diffusers by GLA. This one here is only 7$ on amazon and it works the best for me. Ordered myself 2 more just to have on the side bc it works so well. I run it at 2bps in a 55g tank and drop checker reads green.

Note: Makes micro bubbles and some bubbles do reach the top of the tank but they are pinsized or smaller by that time

https://www.amazon.com/Diffuser-Yago...70_&dpSrc=srch
    55g Planted Tank
    Light - 7x 23watt 6500K CFL Pigtail bulbs
    Substrate - Eco-Complete+ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil
    Fertilizer - Pressurized CO2, KNO3, KH2PO4, CSM-B
    Plants - Alternanthera Reneckii sp., Bacopa Madagascariensis, Blyxa Japonica, Eleocharis Acicularis, Heternanthera Zosterifolia, Ludwigia Inclinata, Ludwidgia Inclinata var. Verticillata 'Cuba', Limnophila Aromatica, Ludwigia Glandulosa, Riccia Fluitans, Rotala Macranda, Rotala Macranda 'Green', Staurogyne sp. 'Porto Velho'