Thread: Where to buy ada amazonia

Default Where to buy ada amazonia

I used to buy it off the ada online shop, I think it was called Agashop or adashop but it doesn't exist anymore. I am trying to buy it again but I only see it on amazon and other various sites but its so expensive, I don't remember paying 50$ for a 9L bag of this. Where do you all buy this at? or is there another replicate substrate that also has the same side effects? such as lowering the ph of the water and making it softer. I need this for my CRS shrimps.
    55g Planted Tank
    Light - 7x 23watt 6500K CFL Pigtail bulbs
    Substrate - Eco-Complete+ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil
    Fertilizer - Pressurized CO2, KNO3, KH2PO4, CSM-B
    Plants - Alternanthera Reneckii sp., Bacopa Madagascariensis, Blyxa Japonica, Eleocharis Acicularis, Heternanthera Zosterifolia, Ludwigia Inclinata, Ludwidgia Inclinata var. Verticillata 'Cuba', Limnophila Aromatica, Ludwigia Glandulosa, Riccia Fluitans, Rotala Macranda, Rotala Macranda 'Green', Staurogyne sp. 'Porto Velho'

http://www.shrimpfever.com/shop/category/shrimp/

or aqualex black soil from Eric (discobee.com ) but I think he is currently out. ADA soil is going to be 50-65 dollars any where plus shipping. I heard the fluval shrimp substrate is pretty decent but never used it.
    Imprezadude because that's what I drive - JPS Joey.
    #SOLOmatters --- autocross is fun! #13 class n-STS .
    I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.”
    marineland 27g cube pair. one planted the other nano reef tank. and a 75g. in the works.

controsoil, sl-aqua, Dennerle shrimp king active soil, tropica aquarium soil, fluval shrimp substrate will all lower the ph etc. You have to use these as well as ada substrates with RO water otherwise they will exhaust pretty quickly if you use tap water.

Quote Originally Posted by nickchapman View Post
    controsoil, sl-aqua, Dennerle shrimp king active soil, tropica aquarium soil, fluval shrimp substrate will all lower the ph etc. You have to use these as well as ada substrates with RO water otherwise they will exhaust pretty quickly if you use tap water.
    Any of these made of hardened clay similar to ADA soil? any experience with any of these substrates?
    55g Planted Tank
    Light - 7x 23watt 6500K CFL Pigtail bulbs
    Substrate - Eco-Complete+ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil
    Fertilizer - Pressurized CO2, KNO3, KH2PO4, CSM-B
    Plants - Alternanthera Reneckii sp., Bacopa Madagascariensis, Blyxa Japonica, Eleocharis Acicularis, Heternanthera Zosterifolia, Ludwigia Inclinata, Ludwidgia Inclinata var. Verticillata 'Cuba', Limnophila Aromatica, Ludwigia Glandulosa, Riccia Fluitans, Rotala Macranda, Rotala Macranda 'Green', Staurogyne sp. 'Porto Velho'

I have used controsoil & sl-aqua. sl-aqua does not leach ammonia like ada does. I do not have experience with ada soil though. no idea what they are made of.

check out aquaforest. they are ada distributors.