Thread: Fish tank at work???

Default Fish tank at work???

There are the usual questions regarding bringing fish to work, what size tank, what fish, how to maintain one, how to keep coworkers/cleaning crew from feeding/putting random things in it, etc. Discuss this if you like.

My question and preferred topic of discussion here is how long should a new hire wait before bringing a small tank to work?

More specifically, I have a fully contained 5-gal sitting empty right now. I am thinking about setting up an emersed planted setup without fish and no water for now. More of a terrarium or similar to Wabi kusa. What are your thoughts?

If it were me I would wait to learn the culture/common practices of the company before setting the tank up. If others have a tank at your level then it's real easy.

For example at our old location lots of people had plants, however a typical small fish tank wouldn't have been acceptable. A terrarium on the other hand would have been fine and I planned on setting one up, but when we moved to our new location it was made known that nothing living is acceptable (no plants/fish/terrariums/ect.)

I'd give it a few of months at least, if the company has a probationary period I'd wait at a minimum that long.
    75 Gallon High-Tech Planted (Build Stage)

Site Supporter Site Supporter NanceUSMC's Avatar

I echo what Snowball says...

Where I work, we change desks so often that a tank would be a nightmare to move that much...