Thread: Creeping Jenny

Default Creeping Jenny

Anyone ever try and use the creeping Jenny you get at home depot or Lowes? I'm trying a pot to see if it will take. Washed it all real good and rinsed the roots free of any soil and perlite.

Never under water but I plant it every where I can around my pond...I have seen it used in a pond submerged to some extent and it did excellent.

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

what in the heck is creeping jenny? used a search engine. I think I'd feel safer with that IN an aquarium rather than taking over my yard. Worth a try in a tank
    Gee, I get a sig file?

So far so good Gypsy. 2 days and hasn't melted on me.

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

that's a good thing

- - - Updated - - -

you knw what makes a blooming floating bog, It won't grow submerged I suspect, but Ajuga. I clean a giant waterfall type bird bath and they grow ajuga next to it and it roots in the water and is very pretty. I have some going, could bring a little to the swap. It only colonizes moist areas so not too invasive
    Gee, I get a sig file?

I have ajuga around the pond. .. love having that stuff. Makes a nice carpet. Also bought 2 more pots of creeping jenny today. Not sure where they will go as I have bacopa australis in a couple tanks and they are somewhat similar.