Thread: One more try on angels

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

Default One more try on angels

This time I waited til mama and daddy had moved the eggs to a central leaf under the light, (they don't start eating for about 2 more days) then I booted them both to the 40 gallon, leaving angel babies where they are in the center of a 20 gallon planted with air driven u/g, well established. and so. I am not moving the leaf to a floating plastic bin, had kids here didn't change water in bin for surrounding tank water often enough. I am hatching baby brine shrimp in a cat proof bucket since the last time the cat knocked the briney salty shrimp egg water INTO the tank with the floating bin, possibly contributing to the demise of all angel babies.

And no kids here this weekend, wish me luck
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Site Supporter Site Supporter

Wooo! Go Gypsi Go! I hope this batch turns out well!
    Steven // Life is too short to not pull up a chair and enjoy your tanks.

well I tried to wave a little fresh water over them and they fell off their leaf. Tried a turkey baster to pick up, that didn't work. the brine shrimp should be hatching in an hour or so, the first ones. and the babies still have yolks. I did sprinkle some first bites in, not too many, to keep the water good. Unfortunately my glass bottom tank is occupied by a very spoiled convict that was getting beat up in a customer tank, so the babies are in a gravel bottom tank and I can't see them. BUT there are no other fish in there, and just because I can't see them doesn't mean things have gone wrong. Yet.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Well we never got any babies. But my male angel died and the poor female is laying infertile eggs and worrying herself to death. Anyone have a lonesome bachelor angel and a nice tank with room for them to breed? Or a male angel they'd like to sell?

- - - Updated - - -

She is kind of pale gold
    Gee, I get a sig file?