Thread: getting braver

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

Default getting braver

I think I am about to order a lot of freshwater fish, unless I can find a local breeder. I really want some more cories, healthy ones. I really want some healthy clown loach babies, no ich thank you, and I really want some rainbows I think. Still deciding. My last 2 are finally thriving, they are dwarf neons. And Cardinal tetras or maybe diamond tetras or both. Just interesting tetras, not black skirt ghost or neon colored

I know I should support local stores but I am tired of dying fish.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Try the Wetspot in Portland Oregon. .. tons of tetras to choose from. Lots of cories, loaches and rainbows to.

Might have to do that. Thank you
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Site Supporter Site Supporter

if you do wetspot do a group buy I'd join in
    Plecos are like Pokemon you gotta catch them all!!!!!!!

trying to see what I can afford, but I am just heartbroken over my last couple of local purchases
    Gee, I get a sig file?

We're quite fond of the serpae tetras. I don't know any local breeders for any fish, but we've had plenty of good luck with fish from Texas Aquatics in Richland Hills.

I've gotten some from Texas Aquatics. much better than Fish Paradise. but I am looking a little wider this time, or I may wait a couple of months. I still have 2 tanks to bleach from FP (I think they get their fish straight from Indonesia)
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Site Supporter Site Supporter

Hey Gypsi, what Corydoras species are you looking for? What temp water?

I used to buy from Wetspot regularly but their quality and service really went down. I've got a big credit with them and can't even bring myself to use it
    -------------------------------------
    It all started as a child.... I spent hours watching fish, tadpoles and crabs in the stream nearby... then when we went to the beach for vacation I spent my time watching the fish and anenomes in the rock/tidal pools. So here I am now with multiple tank syndrome. Is there even a cure?

I don't have fancy tanks, but I had a colony of green (aneus?) for 10 years. Must have had a dozen as some babies grew up. They got old, I was down to 5. So I tried to add some young ones who had a hidden bacterial infection now I have 2 but they are healthy. I like julii too, and I think I used to have copper handed.I enjoy breeding colonies, they are just fun. My ph is usually about 7.5 and temp averages 76.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazray View Post
    Hey Gypsi, what Corydoras species are you looking for? What temp water?

I used to buy from Wetspot regularly but their quality and service really went down. I've got a big credit with them and can't even bring myself to use it
    I am glad to say my experiences have not been the same. I think I placed three orders over the past year and not one DOA. Their shipping has always been very neat and professional and really the only issues I have had was that they were slow one time to respond to my email order and that it seems they are sometimes running out of the fish I am wanting before I can get my order placed. If wetspot is not near the top of the bunch (IMO) I am not sure who else I would order from.