Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is this worms??

Arrow what is this worms??

Screenshot_20180118-181344.jpg

I got the substrate from someone I added trumpet snails but only thing that should be in soil as far as I know.

- - - Updated - - -

what do I do about this. are they bad?

They look like planaria, a harmless flat worm. They are detritivores, and multiply rapidly if the tank is overfed.

planaria. looks like there is alot. is a trap the best way or what is the best way yall have foudn to get rid of it

- - - Updated - - -

just seeing your post yep that is exactly it is Michael. Anyone have an effective way to rid of them

I imagine fish would enjoy eating them. Not sure bout freshwater, but in saltwater micro-fauna like this was encouraged and given safe places to grow and breed for a more robust ecosystem.
    75 Gallon High-Tech Planted (Build Stage)

I'm sure an elephant nose would do a good job cleaning them up
    Plecos are like Pokemon you gotta catch them all!!!!!!!

i have shrimp in there i guess is my worry, apparently they can kill shrimp. wish it was my pea puffer tank they'd love em!

from what ive come across so far. you can start the tank and that will kill them but i haven't figured out how long youd have to starve the tank for.

there is a med called no planaria and i read that the problem with that is that if you have snails which i do it will kill those and have a huge ammonia spike and kill my fish. so i kinda dont know what to do now

I came across this video a few days ago of planaria eating a shrimp. Not sure what the condition of the shrimp was before the planaria got to it. I found some eating one of my shrimp recently. I think they may have killed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YltHRJeF38

I used No Planaria for hydra with good success. I moved the nerites to another tank during treatment and most of the ramshorns because I was not sure how they would react. Ramshorns survived treatment. I used a half does for the hydra.

planaria.JPG

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

They love carrion, so if a fish or shrimp dies in a tank with planaria they will swarm over it very quickly.

planaria will kill shrimp. they are even better at killing baby shrimp.

No planaria will kill the planaria and it will kill nerite snails. I have read that it does not have much affect on most of the pest snails nor the shrimp.

also checkout "predator" by GreenPepper Shrimps
    https://www.facebook.com/Greenpeppershrimps/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

thanks nick