Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I found this and wanted opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholsons_Discus View Post
    I simple tie a piece of string to a fork.....

-john
    that would def. work too. but I would get murdered if my girlfriend saw one of our forks in the tanks. I would have to go buy a fork specifically for that, and probably still get murdered. lol

Site Supporter Site Supporter

yeah I bought butter knives specifically for cucumber but I do get tired of people always asking why there is silverware in the tank
    Plecos are like Pokemon you gotta catch them all!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFredPit View Post
    yeah I bought butter knives specifically for cucumber but I do get tired of people always asking why there is silverware in the tank
    LOL yes, I imagine it does look a bit odd for someone that does not know what you are doing.

Im currently using wire mesh circles intended for moss to be attached to and put on the side glass of a tank but when the suction cups went out they become perfect size for cucumber/zuchini to be rubber banded too
    55 gallon, 29 Planted breeder tank, 40 Gallon Split Haitiensis grow out/Shell dweller tank

I have some martini olive skewers that i jam into zuchini and throw in so it will sink lol. It's odd but it works.
    -Patrick

75 gal with Koi Angel,Blue Angels, Zebra Angels, Albino Corydoras, L144 BE BN Pleco, Nerite Snails
    29 gal with Electric Blue Rams, Espei Raspbora, Otos, Kuhli Loach
    3 gal with Betta
    X gal To be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyork001 View Post
    I have some martini olive skewers that i jam into zuchini and throw in so it will sink lol. It's odd but it works.
    good idea! are they metal or plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by nickchapman View Post
    LOL yes, I imagine it does look a bit odd for someone that does not know what you are doing.
    it is especially odd when the plecos have ripped the cucumber off of it and all they see is the knife with a zip tie around it laying in the sand

Quote Originally Posted by nickchapman View Post
    good idea! are they metal or plastic?
    They are stainless steel. Got a martini set as a gift and never make them so was like eh...
    -Patrick

75 gal with Koi Angel,Blue Angels, Zebra Angels, Albino Corydoras, L144 BE BN Pleco, Nerite Snails
    29 gal with Electric Blue Rams, Espei Raspbora, Otos, Kuhli Loach
    3 gal with Betta
    X gal To be continued...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Am I the only one who just parboils the zucchini and throws it in the tank? Are my plecos deprived because they don't get cutlery?

lol I don't boil mine so the cutlery is to weigh it down

I got the pleco feeder in and I like it more than I expected it is quicker than the zip tied silverware with the added advantage of not having to put my hand in the water to retrieve it and get my arm covered in duckweed the plecos seem to prefer the cucumber sitting on the sand than the cucumber hanging but I think I have a solution to that I'll let you know. I do like how the hanging cucumber frees up the feeding area so the other fish can get to their food