Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My fish room incorporating aquaponics with aquariums

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

I was concerned about produce from my pond because to be honest, I thought thio was mercury. I have brain issues this year, hope to get better. I am not comfortable with any of the more "advanced" aquarium products on a pond I use to raise tomatoes.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Now that I'm thinking about it, when I was doing aquaponics outside in the summer and had the tomatoes inside before moving them, I used Safe to dechlorinate the water and ate the produce I grew. It was delicious. I think people are scared because Seachem didn't make it for aquaponics use and it would have to be FDA approved for them to say it is ok to be used on water growing food for human consumption.

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

outdoors on the pond I try to add water in full sun, so the only chlorine remover used is during a full water change or a very large addition. Filter breaks chloramine lock and chlorine
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Site Supporter Site Supporter

Per Jehmco....

"ClorAm-X” is completely safe and has even been granted FDA approval for use on Food Fish for human consumption."
    -------------------------------------
    It all started as a child.... I spent hours watching fish, tadpoles and crabs in the stream nearby... then when we went to the beach for vacation I spent my time watching the fish and anenomes in the rock/tidal pools. So here I am now with multiple tank syndrome. Is there even a cure?

I have about a 1/2 of a 10lb tub of ClorAm-X left that I do not use. I should post it up for sale.

Why don't you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDominick View Post
    Why don't you use it?
    I have/had mostly shrimp tanks currently and use remineralized RO/DI water instead.
    I say ^had as I recently had a rack of tanks collapse and am currently rebuilding. But I dont use the Cloram-X with my shrimp tanks.

I used it when I had a fishroom and every tank got the same water(tap + Cloram-X). Made life easy and water changes were cheap because this stuff goes a long way.

Yeah it does. Let me know how much you want for it when you look to sell it!

It'll be late when I get home tonight, so I will Pm you probably tomorrow. I will double check how much of the 10lb bucket is left.

pm sent