Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Guide to Angel Breeding

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

so then I will need homes for babies. daughter needs to clean up her 125 gallon?
    Gee, I get a sig file?

When I was breeding them one spawn would fill 4 55 gallon tanks at 6 weeks on average.

-john

well, this will probably be the only one I try to raise. Should I separate them after I get the fry going well, my other male killed his mate a while ago
    Gee, I get a sig file?

A couple of things happened. the cultured sponge filter I wanted to steal turned out to be in a tank with a sick fish. I had lost a couple of rainbows with no apparent system. This time there was a saddle back on a rainbow. Columnaris. I tossed the sponge filter out on the porch, I'll sterilize later. Used Fritz Zyme 7 and uncultured sponges but lost the hatched babies I'd moved to the 29 to a nitrite spike yesterday. I had about 10 to 15 gallons of used tank water from a clean tank in there but it was not enough. Letting the tank continue to cycle. Treating the columnaris in the rainbow tank, and in the cory tank that I had moved a couple of cories to, with Quinine phosphate. Seems to be working well, symptoms have disappeared on the ailing rainbow, that left the first night. Will post more about this in the right forum. Mama and Daddy angel at their remaining babies yesterday afternoon I think. There will be more.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Sorry for your troubles. I have been at the deer lease since Thursday and have not been online. The parents will spawn back quick enough.

Good luck.

-john

sorry to hear. I have dealt with columnaris in the past. It is a terrible thing to go through.

New post on columnaris coming up. I haven't completed medicine run but I haven't lost any fish since I started it. I did lose all the baby angels, but getting that 29 cycled it will go better the next time and the pair are flirting again
    Gee, I get a sig file?