Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co2 fill ups

I used to pay around $32 to exchange my 10lb, this time i went to bacon equipment co in dallas and they fill it up on the spot, it was $32 for 2 10lb bottle. Theres a hydroponic store by cowboy stadium that'll exchange 20lb cylinder for $26 out the door.

Just a long for the ride biggin's Avatar

Someone can correct me on this if I am wrong.. but my understanding of turning off your CO2 with the lights is that your plants are not processing the C02 and it causes a buildup and a dip on the PH level.
    "I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. " - Mitch Hedberg

If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it. Anonymous

The buildup of CO2 will cause the PH to drop, lights out will exacerbate the situation. At what rate/intensity varies substantially so it could be a non-issue or an actual issue.

Bigger overarching reason is to not waste CO2 on plants that aren't gonna use it. It's universally true.
    75 Gallon High-Tech Planted (Build Stage)

I've used beer stores and do an exchange no problems. I use keg and barrels at 15 and custer plano tx and spec's just north of parker and 75 in plano. 15-20 bucks to fill up a 10 pound bottle.
    Imprezadude because that's what I drive - JPS Joey.
    #SOLOmatters --- autocross is fun! #13 class n-STS .
    I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.
    marineland 27g cube pair. one planted the other nano reef tank. and a 75g. in the works.

I know this is old but, I'm adding to the efficacy of the search function.

You can fill co2 tanks at academy. Also, yes. Running co2 at night will cause a ph dip due to the plants not photosynthesizing and the excess co2 acidifying the water.

I realize this is an old post, but Im looking for paintball areas that will fill my tank bc the one near me
    closed down. Does anyone know of a place near HEB or Arlington that refills?
    55g Planted Tank
    Light - 7x 23watt 6500K CFL Pigtail bulbs
    Substrate - Eco-Complete+ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil
    Fertilizer - Pressurized CO2, KNO3, KH2PO4, CSM-B
    Plants - Alternanthera Reneckii sp., Bacopa Madagascariensis, Blyxa Japonica, Eleocharis Acicularis, Heternanthera Zosterifolia, Ludwigia Inclinata, Ludwidgia Inclinata var. Verticillata 'Cuba', Limnophila Aromatica, Ludwigia Glandulosa, Riccia Fluitans, Rotala Macranda, Rotala Macranda 'Green', Staurogyne sp. 'Porto Velho'

Good info guys thanks

Academy does CO2 refills for paintball.