Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first planted tank...

They will all fill in nicely. My 40 is full now in the mid ground from crypts and anubias. Hopefully today I add a few new stems in there. Love the look so far... can't wait to see the finished product

fore ground plants like baby tears, or monte carlo if you do pressured c02. then some anubas nana in the middle. hard scape with dragon stone(not stuff) (fish gallery sells it, so does exotic aquatics) .

Last edited by Imprezadude; 08-03-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    Imprezadude because that's what I drive - JPS Joey.
    I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.”
    marineland 27g cube pair. one planted the other nano reef tank.

ozzzz, what Java Fern did you get? I have some Java Fern windelov that stays short and bushy and has a totally different look than the reg one. Don't forget that java ferns do best if they're planted (attached to) driftwood or rocks. They're roots need to be out of the soil some if planted in the substrate.
    "Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present."

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by plant lady View Post
    ozzzz, what Java Fern did you get? I have some Java Fern windelov that stays short and bushy and has a totally different look than the reg one. Don't forget that java ferns do best if they're planted (attached to) driftwood or rocks. They're roots need to be out of the soil some if planted in the substrate.
    I am not sure... I assume it is just standard Java Fern. But yes, they are wedged between rocks and not buried in the substrate. Thanks for the advice!

Warning, I'll hurt your reputation UncleSamsPuppet's Avatar

Excellent start! The 20L is a challenging size to go planted being so short. I like your scaping!

Like others, I would avoid swords, they tend to get too large. I did mirco chain swords in my 20L and 33L (both 12" tall) with great success. I personally love the duck weeds and floating plants, but they do need a lot of maintenance (they grow so fast you need to keep them under control to avoid blocking the light to the other plants).
    Thank you,
    Drew
    (AndrewH)
    My Aquariums

"Wisdom is knowledge applied through personal experience" - me

Thanks! Yeah. I am doing up a 20 tall that I will be doing a sword in. I wish I could get past the damn 20 post mark though. I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I need to find some deals in the next couple of days!

Have a large sword here you can have but it's a long trip

Warning, I'll hurt your reputation UncleSamsPuppet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ozzzz View Post
    Thanks! Yeah. I am doing up a 20 tall that I will be doing a sword in. I wish I could get past the damn 20 post mark though. I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I need to find some deals in the next couple of days!
    Definitely keep us update on the 20H!

Yeah, the 20 post limit is a PITN, but hit up the welcome section or comment on a couple of tank builds and you'll get there in no time!
    Thank you,
    Drew
    (AndrewH)
    My Aquariums

"Wisdom is knowledge applied through personal experience" - me