Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restocking Aquarium: What Should I Add?

Default Restocking Aquarium: What Should I Add?

Hello everyone,
    I have a 20 gallon tropical aquarium that has been running for about three years. The P.H. is usually about 6.2-6.4. I had some disease in my tank a few months back that killed most of my fish and I am cleared to add some new ones in. Right now I have two Amono Shrimp, 3 Neon Tetras, an Albino Cory, and some sort of silver tetra that is about twice the size of my neons.

I am looking to add only peaceful fish that are less than $10 per fish. They need to be hardy and I would like something that is both colorful and unique. Right now I am thinking about adding some kind of place in my tank. I was originally going to buy a Zebra Pleco but the one I was looking at was $20 and I don't want to spend that much on a fish unless I can bring it back if something is wrong with the fish. If anyone has any ideas on what to add please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, *Pleco* not place.

Site Supporter Site Supporter

the fish gallery has clown plecos for $10
    Plecos are like Pokemon you gotta catch them all!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, but I'm looking for a Pleco that eats fish food off the bottom of my tank. I don't have very much that goes down there, but I also don't want to wait until gravel vaccing day to clean it up.

You are not going to find a colorful/attractive pleco for less than the clown pleco. Snowballs run about $20-25 min and the same goes for L129's which is probably the "zebra" pleco you were referring to. Even large bristlenose plecos sell for more than $10 lots of times. You might look at getting a few cories if you want a scavenger but you need to make sure they get their share of food too without overfeeding and ruining your water conditions.

[QUOTE=Fisharepets;436637]Amono Shrimp, 3 Neon Tetras, an Albino Cory
    Cory- - - Updated - - -

Add some more cories, you can find atleast 2 to 3 fish for $10, they are bottom feeders anyway

-There is never enough room for tanks !!!!

Keep an eye out online and at DNA. I've seen some mutations in various types of plecos. There's a golden bristlenose at DNA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentlyAudible View Post
    Keep an eye out online and at DNA. I've seen some mutations in various types of plecos. There's a golden bristlenose at DNA right now.
    The Fish Gallery also gets in some very quality plecos pretty often.

I have some nice L144 Blue Eye bristle nose as well as super reds, super red calicos, green dragons and albino green dragons, standard albinos, long fin browns and a few more I am sure. All bred in my hatchery in Cleburne.

What would you charge for those? Could you meet in Dallas?

I will be at the TCA auction Sunday in Irving. Working on a post of fish for sale that will be on this site soon.