Thread: Blue Acei - about 7, need a home.

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

Default Blue Acei - about 7, need a home.

I paid for these fish, the big male is gorgeous, and the 2 females he came with have bumps on their heads. I don't know why.

Have babies as well, they were in with convicts and one of the juveniles is striped. Except for the 2 females with their bumps, all fish are beautifully healthy. Since I no longer keep an african tank at home I'd really like these gone. I can keep the 2 females with bumps, which appear to be tumors, and euthanize, but if there is a treatment, I will cheerfully turn them over to someone who can treat them.

The other fish are fine. With the location of the bumps I'm not sure they aren't mating injuries that got out of hand actually, photos later today.

They are good starter cichlids I would think, although you may need a jail cell for the big male. Or move him in with much larger more aggressive cichlids.

South fort worth.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

54 views and no one interested? WP_20170713_23_28_29_Pro.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Biggin, I feel like uploading unaltered giant digital pictures takes up too much site space, does it? I've got a couple more shots of the acei.

These 2 have the bumps or tumors on head, I do not know what they are. they do not seem to be contagious but I had them in a public tank and they were bullying the other fish.
    Last edited by Gypsi; 07-23-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: clarification.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

if you can wait a couple of more weeks I should be able to take all of them. I am setting siup another 55 for fish this weekend.

they are waiting patiently in my 55. I didn't euthanize the 2 with head lumps. don't know if tumors or just scraped themselves and healed funky, they seem very healthy
    Gee, I get a sig file?

i will set up a y60 this weekend for them

sounds good, they are yours pending pickup or unless you change your mind,
    Gee, I get a sig file?

I have the tank set up and will be ready for the fish this weekend if you still have them. What days and times are best for you. Most afternoons are good for me or even Monday after 5:30

I still have them, do you still have my phone number? because I don't get online that much. I will have grandchildren here this weekend, saturday or sunday just call and be sure we didn't run an errand. Not after 5 or 6 on sunday, I'll be taking kids home.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Thank you for picking up FishPert. I hope they do well.
    Gee, I get a sig file?