Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kensfish

Default Kensfish

Kensfish now carries Northfin fish food.
    "Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present."

Unknown

cool...but judging on how they have ran things lately, I am betting he is out of stock

Site Supporter Site Supporter carddude123's Avatar

Everytime I look for stuff on Kens website it is sold out. Is he going out of business

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plant lady View Post
    Kensfish now carries Northfin fish food.
    Dave's Rare Fish carries it to. Dave told me it makes fish grow at twicd the rate of other fish food.
    All About African Cichlids (Facebook page & group, Instagram and Gmail account). Masoni, Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Pheno Star Sapphires, Zrock Lithobates, Mdoka White Lips, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Gold Kawanga OB, Pundimilia Mwanza Gulf a d way too many more.

That's interesting, but if they grow 2x faster, do they have a shorter lifespan?
    "Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present."

Unknown

I am skeptical of the growth claims myself...I have been feeding it for a few months now and honestly it is a fish food just like all the others IME. I know people rave about the "premium" ingredients but I really do not know that there is that much of a difference in results between it and the other brands. I am always skeptical of claims from a vendor though I think Dave is probably as honest as they come in the business....if multiple hobbyists told me the same thing with some kind of documented results, then I might be more apt to believe those results.

I would only believe the fish would grow faster if the food contained some sort of growth hormone in some fashion. I.E actual growth hormone or chemicals which elicit the production more growth hormone.

If anything the second is more likely, but to be "proven" lots of documentation would be needed. So as far as I'm concerned the 2x growth is snake oil.
    75 Gallon High-Tech Planted (Build Stage)

Imo you would be better off sticking to or using NLS instead of Northfin. Northfin has straight out lied to the public about the use of Ethoxyquin in their formulas stating that they don't use it when in fact at least their krill formulas have very high levels of it in them( over 300 ppm in one lab test). The last I heard they haven't owned up to it either. There is a pretty long tread on this subject on monsterfishkeepers.

I use Kens growth food it comes in 3 or 4 sizes and my fish think it is crack cocaine or something. They absolutely love the stuff.
    All About African Cichlids (Facebook page & group, Instagram and Gmail account). Masoni, Turkis, Lemon Jake, Red Kaiser, Lwanda, Bi-Colors, Germ Red, Pheno Star Sapphires, Zrock Lithobates, Mdoka White Lips, Xyistromis Flamebacks, Gold Kawanga OB, Pundimilia Mwanza Gulf a d way too many more.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer5590 View Post
    Imo you would be better off sticking to or using NLS instead of Northfin. Northfin has straight out lied to the public about the use of Ethoxyquin in their formulas stating that they don't use it when in fact at least their krill formulas have very high levels of it in them( over 300 ppm in one lab test). The last I heard they haven't owned up to it either. There is a pretty long tread on this subject on monsterfishkeepers.

I have not followed that thread in a while as it was getting ugly and very long last I checked in and it was apparent from that thread and several others that one of the guys there has a real vendetta against anything other than NLS as he used to be a big distributor for it....still I think they all are pretty much equal as far as results, but people like to think that they are getting results when they are paying and feeding a premium food, whether it is NLS, northfin, etc so I take people's experiences with a grain of salt.

I actually prefer Jen's grow #00 , grow #03 and pleco food. It's pretty inexpensive and after I started feeding it to cichlids they like it so much they won't eat anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually fish grow more from weekly water changes than any type of fish food. They are just happier in clean water.