Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free snails

Frugal Fishkeeper Site Supporter

Default free snails

these are not pond snails. they are the biggest pointed snails I have ever seen grow in my tanks and I don't know if they are useful to anyone. Except as loach foodWP_20170422_19_33_53_Pro.jpg
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Those are malaysian trumpet snails and are great in planted tanks. They don't eat live plants, only dying or dead plants that are decaying. They also dig through the substrate and keep it loose for plant roots.
    "Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present."

Unknown

well those are not regular trumpet snails then. the kind that multiply 80 times a month and tear up pumps? I guess I won't put loaches in the tank I got them from. In truth, the plants are thriving. These are still available, I am sure there are more.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Still available?

If you happen to be in the North Texas (Plano, Frisco) area I would not mind taking some from you!

I happen to be in south fort worth, and those died in the cup, no one came. I think more are breeding in that tank
    Gee, I get a sig file?

I now have more snails. And a mystery, I have lost 2 of the 6 rainbows that I got around the 3rd week of August and they all act afraid of the end of the tank the snails are on. No sign of disease, not ich, they seem to be afraid of the snails? At any rate, the snails I catch are leaving, free to good home or trash can. PM me this weekendWP_20171021_11_18_47_Pro.jpg
    I am treating the tank with melafix, I really don't see fin rot but I don't see anything else.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

I’ll be in Fort Worth on Wednesday. I’d love to grab them from you!
    I rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome fresh and saltwater fish. Here is a link to my Facebook page if you are interested in adopting someone new: https://www.facebook.com/DFWFishRescue/
    Current rescue capacity: peaceful- to semi-aggressive fish; 75 gallons and under.

I don't know if I will be around, I can try but my work schedule next week is fairly demanding. If I am home last fine. Last time I put some on the porch they died before anyone came to get.
    Gee, I get a sig file?

Gypsy I'll take a few of these if you happen to want to do some trading?