Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75g reef build

Snail

Very nice i love the footprint of the 75gal. What are you planning on keeping in the tank?

Looks really good

Site Supporter Site Supporter lgsasquatch's Avatar

Not a 100% sure, i curently have a false purcula a couple of green chromis and yellow tailed damsels, watchman gobby and a black and yellow chromis.
    55g reef diy build

Sorry i got side tracked with other projects and hadnt worked on this one very mutch. Well I almost finnished my doors tonight, one mor piece of wood to cut and touch up the paint and the stand is done. I plan on adding a ventulation fan probably on one of the sides to vent the moist air from the sump area. Vacation comeing in a week. Planning on finishing the canopy that week. Cant wait to get this one finished. I have a few others to get done too.

55g reef diy build

that stand is coming along and looking good!

Stand looks great man. Keep up the good work.
    75 Gallon High-Tech Planted (Build Stage)

Its been a while but I got the tank up amd running for a while with no abnormal issued. Then I had a hair algae out brake. I was cutting the feeding back, shortened the rime the lights where on and doing big 50% water changes a week with no luck. I finally came to the conclusion that I had extra ammonia in the air in my hoise from my wife's and kids show rabbits. I shut it down and down sized to a 20 long in my bedroom.
    20170925_151103.jpg
    As you can see I got the algae under control and have not had any more problems since it has been in my room. I finally got tired of the 20l and moved it into my new 55g. I will be starting the build thread on it this weekend, and I will stay on top of it till the end this time. Lol
    55g reef diy build

Quote Originally Posted by lgsasquatch View Post
    Its been a while but I got the tank up amd running for a while with no abnormal issued. Then I had a hair algae out brake. I was cutting the feeding back, shortened the rime the lights where on and doing big 50% water changes a week with no luck. I finally came to the conclusion that I had extra ammonia in the air in my hoise from my wife's and kids show rabbits. I shut it down and down sized to a 20 long in my bedroom.
    20170925_151103.jpg
    As you can see I got the algae under control and have not had any more problems since it has been in my room. I finally got tired of the 20l and moved it into my new 55g. I will be starting the build thread on it this weekend, and I will stay on top of it till the end this time. Lol
    i been keeping fish for a long time now, never heard of algae problem because of ammonia in the air. Did you ever check the phosphate level in the aquarium?
    300G, 2 FX5, 1 FX6, Reef Angel Controller
    30+ F1 Frontosa Mpimbwe 4-7"
    16 White Lip Mdoka

110G
    20+ Red Bishop
    20+ Duboisi

Yes I checked it too. I figured with all the rabbits (20 at the time) and the kids not properly cleaning there cages that the ammonia wabeing absorbed into the water and running through the cycle like a very heavily stocked tank. Even after the 50% water change the nitrates were still over 100ppm. Dont remember the phosphate or ammonia levels, it was too long ago. Lol
    55g reef diy build