Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What spawned for you today?

Site Supporter Site Supporter

Default What spawned for you today?

We have a similar thread just for cichlids so I wanted one for everyone to boast about their freshwater pets!

So, what spawned for you today?
    -------------------------------------
    It all started as a child.... I spent hours watching fish, tadpoles and crabs in the stream nearby... then when we went to the beach for vacation I spent my time watching the fish and anenomes in the rock/tidal pools. So here I am now with multiple tank syndrome. Is there even a cure?

Who Dat? Site Administrator Tugg's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, not today but a few days ago I found another cherry barb fry in my sump. . So far that thing has saved me $2 in fish.

I put him in my shrimp tank and within minutes he found his 1/2 inch cousin and started to hang together.
    Not a Site Supporter yet? Become one HERE
    You are a Site Supporter? Get your Member Card HERE for possible discounts and promotions from our Retail Sponsors

Blog Entries

Not sure if I can count these Neolamprologus Multifasciatus. They're in the mood all the time.

Sweet! My Corydoras duplicareus spawned last night. I think I found about 8 eggs this morning. I put them into a net breeder so we will see if they hatch for me They are a young colony so I wasn't expecting any fry for a while. I also got some teeny blue-eyed rainbow fry.
    It all started as a child.... I spent hours watching fish, tadpoles and crabs in the stream nearby... then when we went to the beach for vacation I spent my time watching the fish and anenomes in the rock/tidal pools. So here I am now with multiple tank syndrome. Is there even a cure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonm View Post
    Not sure if I can count these Neolamprologus Multifasciatus. They're in the mood all the time.
    I understand. That is how I feel about my livebearers!

I just noticed today that my female Hongi is expecting. The thing is... her male isn't in the tank with her. I have them seperated, she is obviously "messing around". The only one I can figure out might be my Rusty. They look similar.
    Another weird thing I can't figure out is my butterfly peacock that had 3 albino in with her "normal " batch a few months ago, any ideas on that anyone?

Geo. "Orange Head Tapajos"....it is their first spawn and in a community tank so I am not expecting too much.

My trio of Bristlenose spawned for me.

Shelldwellers - Multifasciatus, Similis kipili, Brevis Karilani, callipterus, caudopunctatus, ornatipinnis, gold ocellatus, speciosus, temporalis shell, Alto Sumbu dwarf
    Rock Dwellers F0 J. marksmithi, J. transcriptus bemba, N. leleupi orange, F0 N. Mustax, C. bifrenatus, C brichardi kigoma, C. popelini, C. Ndobhoi
    Sand Sifters X. ornatipinnis, X. bathyphilus kekese, Gantho permaxillaris, E. descampii

Synodontis - petricola, lucipinnis, polli, polli white, granulosus (w), multipunctatus (w)

Quote Originally Posted by r7man View Post
    My trio of Bristlenose spawned for me.
    Yes! I hope you can save some!

Site Supporter Site Supporter rmalford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Protomelas spilonotus Tanzania
    too crowded for mom to pick up the eggs... chow time