Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: What spawned for you today?

I noticed the splendens fry had hatched out yesterday. Tonite they guarding them in a corner of the tank and taking no prisoners. The other fish in there are mostly small so the threat to the fry is not really there apart from some young apisto's but even they are probably too small to do much to the fry which are quite large. It looks about 25-30 is all they have at the moment but I am pleased they have spawned already.100_5477.jpg100_5487.jpg100_5499.jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

What are you feeding the fry?

-There is never enough room for tanks !!!!

microworms, and whatever extra food makes it to the bottom. The fry are pretty large so with a little effort they can eat most of what the other fish are eating. I soak pellets before feeding always so they tend to fall apart pretty easily once they make it to the bottom. I figured I would let the pair take care of this batch for a while before pulling any fry out.

Pulled 15 sunset comp fry today.. hopefully these survive

Stripped about 150 Geo. Winemilleri fry yesterday. I have the fry in a clear plastic tub that is floating in the main tank and the female is swimming constantly right next to the tub nudging at it gently with her mouth trying to pick up the fry and guarding it. It is really kind of sad, and I have never had a female do anything like this when I have stripped fry from them before....they usually just go back to behaving normally.

Found my apistogramma hongsloi had spawned behind a clay pot today. Looks like 20 to 30 eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    Found my apistogramma hongsloi had spawned behind a clay pot today. Looks like 20 to 30 eggs.
    I love the hongsloi apistos

Have Rio Otapa sword fry in the tank, and blue ocellatus are in the shell again.

Got a spawn from my Synodontis petricola last night

Shelldwellers - Multifasciatus, Similis
    Cyprichromis - Utinta, Mpulungu
    Altolamprologus Sumbu dwarf
    Synodontis - petricola, polli, polli white, granulosus (w), Multipunctatus (w)

Help! I am being overrun by Yellow Labs. I am on my second batch of fry in two months.

Going to have to start selling these off quickly.