PDA

View Full Version : Alot of Questions

manmart
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
part 1
I have some channel cats and large mouth bass that are eating alot. does any one have any experiance with mesquito fish are they like minnows. Could I use them as feeder fish? I am looking for somthing that multiplies fast that I could raise my own feeders.

Part 2
I would like to try and bread angel fish. What size tank do you need to breed angel fish and is it very difficult.

part 3
Anyone have any tanks for sale or trade?

Good Wolf
07-17-2008, 02:24 PM
What size tank do you have the channel catfish and bass in? :confused:

manmart
07-17-2008, 02:32 PM
they are in a 125 gallon tank

greeneyed
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Define "some".
You will be able o use the 125 for the angels soon probably. The cats and bass will out grow it.
REYREY is knowledgeable when it comes to breeding angels maybe he will chime in there.

Good Wolf
07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
You really need a pond in order to keep channel cats and bass. Channel cats can get pretty big and I can't imagine keeping them in anything other than a very large pond.
http://www.landbigfish.com/images/fishingspots/cat31.jpg

http://www.catfished.com/chris30.jpg

tethorpe3
07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
WOW! Im going to start diggin my next pond!!! lol

bra8ndy8
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM
You can check or for sale ads and see if anything you like pops up, or are CL listings........there are a couple of people here who keep us up on that!
I x2 on Reyrey knowing his Angels and also Elijahturtle

ElijahTurtle
07-17-2008, 04:20 PM
This is the short version!
A 29 Gallon is a goodsize tank for a breeding pair of angels even a 20 High would work, but I would go with a 29. They aren't diffiult to breed, but you'll likely want a 5-10G & a 55G to grow the angel fry out in.
Keep them in the tank by themselves, paint the sides & back & run it bare bottom & feed a mixture beefheart, bloodworms & mysis shrimp to condition them to breed.
Place a piece of PVC pipe in the tank at an angle so they can lay eggs on it. when they are done move the PVC to the 5G, Add some drops of methylen blue & run an airstone near it at a high rate for good circulation on the eggs.
Feed the free swimming fry Baby Brine Shrimp. When the fry are free swiming & have grown enough that they can chase food down, move them to the 55G

manmart
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
thanks for that info sounds easy enough.

sap
07-17-2008, 05:24 PM
no need to breed mosquito fish, just hit a river or creek with a cast net, i have caught hundreds with one throw...

REYREY
07-19-2008, 11:40 AM
good description on the ANGELS BREEDING... made it sound pretty easy... hehehehehe... good luck!!!!!

everyone has given you good advise to this point!!!

let us know if you have more specific questions once you pass this initial point....

thanks everyone...always good information provided to our newbies!!!!

ElijahTurtle
07-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks REYREY