PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stand for a 40g (and also a 55)

Just_Jen
04-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I've decided I'd like to upgrade my 29 to a 40 breeder, but have been looking around for a stand to support such a tank with no luck! It's going in my living room, so needs to be black and wood/furniture type vs. just an open metal stand. Doesn't necessarily have to be made for an aquarium but obviously needs to be able to support 400+ lbs or so. Enclosed would be great but isn't absolutely necessary. Anyone have anything they'd like to part with or have an idea where to find one? Needs to be in good shape and at least decent looking, but certainly doesn't have to be anything fancy. I've also got room to play with where this one is going, so if the stand is a little larger than the tank (without looking goofy), that's not an issue.

On the same note, still looking for a black wood enclosed stand for a 55. Have one at DNA I'm going to get down and pickup this weekend, but thought I'd ask the group one last time. This is going in my dining room (which gets way more use by company than anywhere else in my house) and will house an eheim 2217, so good condition and fully enclosed is absolutely essential. Much prefer black (although not completely against having to paint it). I only have room for the 12" depth, so 18" stands intended for 75 gallon tanks won't work (too bad, I'd much rather have a 75!). Have a tank, but not opposed to buying someone's tank/stand combo if that's what you have and you'd rather sell as a set.

I realize no one is up my direction, more than willing to drive within some reason.

Imprezadude
04-16-2014, 05:53 PM
there's a black 36x18 stand at neptunes cove in plano. not sure of price though.

Just_Jen
04-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks! I've got a sister over in Plano, I'll have her go check into it for me! Since posting, I found out the 65 stands are the right dimensions, and petsmart/petco have a couple but they are so crappy made for the money!

Imprezadude
04-17-2014, 07:46 AM
You're welcome.

rmalford
04-17-2014, 05:34 PM
The ol' cove... never seen a blue ring octopus there...