PDA

View Full Version : Surprise inside Fluval 304

Luiz
11-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Today I was cleaning my mbuna tank and when I opened the fluval I found 2 cherry shrimps living there. A few months ago I moved some coontail from cherry shrimp tank to mbuna tank. I saw a few cherries here and there , but few weeks later they disappear, I tough maybe they are hidden, but not. They pass through the impeller and was living inside the filter.

Very hard shrimp.....:D

RichardB
11-26-2011, 06:47 PM
lol thats cool

chrisMan
11-26-2011, 06:59 PM
I had a old marineland, the kind before the bio wheel, on my 75g with guppies in it. the prefilter was good but needed cleaning every now and then. I had stopped using it when I switched to my diy canister filter and had left the marineland on the back for 3 months. well I took it off and cleaned it out the other day and found 6 baby guppies living in it haha
Since they lived like that for so long I want to grow them out, little fighters deserve to live

Erniec
11-26-2011, 07:09 PM
omg I did the same thing found babies in my xp3 and growing them, they deserve to live!!

Hectorial
11-26-2011, 08:59 PM
over a year ago i had a kuhli loach go missing, just figured he died buried in the substrate or my cleaning crew got to him before i did, not like i saw him every day anyways, so he could have been dead a couple days. A couple weeks later I did a regular cartridge change on my Marineland bio-wheel filter and there was the Kuhli Loach, but he was almost completely white and breathing very heavily. Of coarse I only saw how he looked after he met my floor from a 4 foot drop. So I quickly put him back in the tank and to my surprise he made a full recovery and now lives in my 125gallon planted tank.

chrisMan
11-27-2011, 09:22 AM
my buddy had a similar experience with his kuhli loach haha