PDA

View Full Version : Few SW pics

satyra
08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Random fish pics. picked up a baby lipstick tang and a green brittle to add some life to my tank. both are doing well, except the lipstick (i named him sweetlips btw lol) doesnt like to eat anything right now except frozen mysis shrimp :rolleyes: cant wait to watch him grow up into some more color!

http://pics.boasbysatyra.com/assets/galleries/53/DSC04014.JPG

didnt even notice this crab was in the pic at first

http://pics.boasbysatyra.com/assets/galleries/53/DSC03999.JPG

Had to get this pic cause ill never see its undersides again lol

http://pics.boasbysatyra.com/assets/galleries/53/DSC03967.JPG

and one of the only pics i have ever been able to get of the wrasse, little turd darts into the rocks whenever he sees the camera

http://pics.boasbysatyra.com/assets/galleries/53/DSC04019.JPG

OOwl
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Pretty! One of my best friends in the world had a HUGE tang like that in his 220 office tank. That was a GORGEOUS fish, full of personality galore! Hope your guy grows up to be like that. Feed him well and often. Six Lines are either saints or devils. Praying you got a saint. :)

satyra
08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Lol thanks I really hope he grows up huge and pretty! Their personalities us one major reason I wanted him :) he will need a bigger tank though once he's grows up more :O

My wrasse isn't bad at all, doesn't bother anyone, but he's quick to defend himself if someone picks on him. When I first put him in the tank the damsels ganged up on him and were nipping at him, to my surprise he turned right around and nipped them back, for such a small fish he's fearless! The damsels harassed him like that for the first 2-3 days then they were cool with each other. Those damsels tried to scare the tang too but they seemed scared of him cause he's so much bigger than them so they resorted to flaring up at him....he wasn't having none of that though and that only lasted a few mins lol. Its really the damsels I have to watch out for, I'm sure they would tear apart anything that won't stand up to them lol

OOwl
08-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Damsels ARE mean and have menaced even large fish to death, so do keep a watch on them. I have found one that is VERY placid for a damsel. It's called a Starki damsel. They are stunning (sort of a reverse blue devil, in color AND temperament :) ). They're not for sale often in stores so you pretty much have to order them online when they show up. It's also difficult to get a healthy one. From what I was told by the retailer I used was that in the area they are collected it is still common to use poisons to immobilize fish for collection. Finding a hand-caught one is rare. My guy (Cupid) is going on three years, so I think I got a good one (but I went through three others that withered away before I got a healthy one). Good luck with your interesting and beautiful group of fish. It's so great to see someone enjoy their fish and tank so much. Glad you're here to share your experiences with us. :)

Super Fish
08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Nice pic ...

kleankord
08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
fowlr? what size is the tank?

Erniec
08-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Nice Pics, Thanks for sharing

satyra
08-23-2011, 02:36 PM
thanks! its a FOWLR, sorta. we just got some coralifes hooked up so we have added a few little frags. theres a kenya tree in there, a single mushroom and 2 zoanthid frags. the zoas are a little pissed off still but the others seem to be ok. its our first time trying corals, they are a bit different than the fish. none of the fish have given me any probs, even with the ac failure we had this year.

satyra added 3 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Damsels ARE mean and have menaced even large fish to death, so do keep a watch on them. I have found one that is VERY placid for a damsel. It's called a Starki damsel. They are stunning (sort of a reverse blue devil, in color AND temperament :) ). They're not for sale often in stores so you pretty much have to order them online when they show up. It's also difficult to get a healthy one. From what I was told by the retailer I used was that in the area they are collected it is still common to use poisons to immobilize fish for collection. Finding a hand-caught one is rare. My guy (Cupid) is going on three years, so I think I got a good one (but I went through three others that withered away before I got a healthy one). Good luck with your interesting and beautiful group of fish. It's so great to see someone enjoy their fish and tank so much. Glad you're here to share your experiences with us. :)

thanks OOwl! I think i may have seen one or two of the starki's for sale, but that was quite a while ago when i didnt have a sw set up yet, they are beautiful little fish :D Ill keep those guys in mind in case i do end up having to take these damsels out of my tank. sometimes they can get a bit more obnoxious because these guys decided to pair off and they have babies all the time LOL. So far so good as long as the new fish dont take their crap, but i def keep my eye on those guys. the wrasse will swim right by their eggs sometimes but they wont even touch him or try to chase him away, guess they know hes gonna fight back :eek: