PDA

View Full Version : help

jersin
07-24-2011, 03:37 PM
I need help i am wondering if there is any one in or near mckinney that can so me how to.setup a 14g biocube I need salt water also I have live sand and like 3 or 4 prices of live rock rubble so I didn't know if anyone could donate anything small to help out and the tank is for my wife as a gift but I am limited on funds still paying off my wifes doctor bills from when we had our son so that's why I'm asking thanks Jeremy

OOwl
07-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I have an extra powerhead I can give you, but I'm all the way in far north Fort Worth, so probably not worth driving over here to pick up. I don't make my own saltwater; I buy it by the jug at the store, so, I'm sorry, I can't help there. If you have live sand and live rock, you probably need to get it submerged in saltwater pretty quickly. That can be as simple as a 5-gallon bucket or tub with a powerhead until you get your tank ready. I'll go through my fish supplies and see what else I have to spare. I've sent most of it out already in anticipation of our big move, but I'll see what I can put together. If you get to Fort Worth to pick up other donations, do give me a PM. Good luck on your wife's new tank.

jersin
07-24-2011, 05:02 PM
thanks ya if it was free to mail things around i would take the power head and kitchen salt wont work will it

Typical Tony
07-24-2011, 05:59 PM
no kitchen salt will not work.

If you can make it here to east dallas i have half a bag of salt i can give ya free of charge and then you can mix your own water with it. lmk.

please do yourself a favor and read this whole thread....

http://www.dfwfishbox.com/forums/production/showthread.php?t=18082

jersin
07-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks but i fear that's too far I live in mckinney :( unless we could meet up in plano off of 75

greeneyed
07-24-2011, 06:05 PM
I am on the other side of the world from you, so can't help with anything physical.
All I can offer is a few words of wisdom.
Do not rush.
Read.
Research.
Read.
Research.
And tip toe in.

Tony compiled a list of good threads to get an idea of what is going on and what you need.

http://www.dfwfishbox.com/forums/production/showthread.php?t=18082

jersin
07-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I've been trying to research