PDA

View Full Version : 120 saltwater tank

dallasfishman
06-17-2011, 06:56 PM
this is my 120 saltwater tank its coming down as i am moving and have to set back up in garland it will look way better once i get it moved i will be adding more rock with alot of corals and i will be getting rid of all the damsels that are in there now im going to take a shot at doing sum corals so wish me luck

OOwl
06-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Lovely assortment of fish. That Regal tank is so large and fat. Looks very happy. Love all the damsels. Must be a lively tank. Good luck with the move. Hope everyone makes it just fine. That will be extra lovely as a reef. Looking forward to its evolution.

dallasfishman
06-30-2011, 12:13 PM
updated on how it looks now

OOwl
06-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Good to see that everyone made the trip just fine. Looks like a really active and colorful tank. Did you move it yourself? I'm just about to move houses and I'm hiring someone to move my reef tank (and the three FW tanks I kept). I've moved reef tanks before and it's a HUGE job! Congrats on your new home.

kleankord
06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
That's a ton of rock

RichardB
06-30-2011, 02:18 PM
wow dude, your coming down to garland? welcome :P
Those damsels look huge. how big are those?

dallasfishman
06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
yea i moved it all myself and my brother n law started at 12 and stopped at 7 am it was a pain i lost my pwder brown tang in the process it sucked it was alot of work and then trying to put the rock in place since its got corals all over and the velvets are about 3.5 inchs i wanted to get rid of them but they ended up staying yea im in garland now by first and fifth

OOwl
07-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Many years ago, I moved a rather large, well-established reef tank. Since most of the rock was covered with corals, it was impossible to get back in the same configuration. I just restacked as best as I could and chalked it up to a loss on the corals that ended up upside down or buried. I was amazed a year later when almost ALL of them had gradually reappeared on top of the rocks again. Your tank will rebound just like that. The move was merely a "storm on the reef." Sorry about your Powder Brown, though. Those are such lovely fish.

kleankord
07-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Many years ago, I moved a rather large, well-established reef tank. Since most of the rock was covered with corals, it was impossible to get back in the same configuration. I just restacked as best as I could and chalked it up to a loss on the corals that ended up upside down or buried. I was amazed a year later when almost ALL of them had gradually reappeared on top of the rocks again. Your tank will rebound just like that. The move was merely a "storm on the reef." Sorry about your Powder Brown, though. Those are such lovely fish.

I just moved mine last week, didn't think the corals were going to make it bc i had them in buckets for like 2 days but they're still looking good.

dallasfishman
07-01-2011, 12:36 PM
yea mine are doing good i found ine more nem that i didnt know i had