PDA

View Full Version : What if a green moray ate your hand off!!!

TheCanuck
06-02-2010, 01:02 AM
YouTube- Green Moray Eel

bknerd
06-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Very cool! Thanks for the video. What a beautiful animal.

Incaico
06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
very cool! Thanks for the video. What a beautiful animal.

x2!

alta678
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Umm, tongs are a good thing.....Beats having your fingers stitched!

pam916
06-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Doing that is exactly why I still have a long scar down the middle of my little finger. When I worked at the Fort Worth Zoo Aquarium years ago we had two giant mooray eels and I was holding smelt right above the waters edge and something distracted me and the next thing I knew one of the moorays reached up to grab the smelt and grabbed my finger instead. It left a nasty laceration from the row of razor sharp teeth they have, not to mention scaring the crap out of me and the mooray. I made a feeding stick our of a wooden dowel and used it after that.

TheCanuck
06-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Yea, they can do some damage. Mine really likes to be bet and when he was calmer could take them right out of your hand and be gentle. He was a little excited in the video but he likes to show off for the camera :D

Thanks for the nice comments.

Hows this for a laceration?

Large green moray bite. Consider yourself very lucky!

alta678
06-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Yep. Those lovely white strings are flexor tendons to the fingers. Months of hand rehabilitation follows that surgery. Not worth it. Tongs are a far better option IMHO. He is a beautiful and lively fellow though! :)

TheCanuck
06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Yep. Those lovely white strings are flexor tendons to the fingers. Months of hand rehabilitation follows that surgery. Not worth it. Tongs are a far better option IMHO. He is a beautiful and lively fellow though! :)

I was wondering what the white things where! Thanks, learn something new every day. People say the easiest part about a moray bite is the first minute.