PDA

View Full Version : Mixed cichlid tank with Pollenis

donkey
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Here are some pics of my 110 tall.I just added a second Polleni from Joe and he wanted to see some pics.I have in this tank a little bit of a variety of big mean fish including midas,barred midas,venustus,polleni, black belt

Carg
03-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Any aggression between the pollenis?

donkey
03-10-2010, 12:36 PM
So far they are getting along.Not freinds by no means but I have not seen any fighting.Mostly just a quick chase over territory issues.I have my fingers crossed that it stays that way.Always hard introducing new cichlids to an established tank.

donkey
03-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Well it turns out putting the 2 pollenis together was a bad idea.It was ok for about 24 hours.I checked on them the next evening and they were doing great and about 2 hours later I found the one I already had in the tank laying on his side breathing heavy and his sides were just tore up something terrible.I moved him to the hospice tank where he died the next morning.

Carg
03-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Well it turns out putting the 2 pollenis together was a bad idea.It was ok for about 24 hours.I checked on them the next evening and they were doing great and about 2 hours later I found the one I already had in the tank laying on his side breathing heavy and his sides were just tore up something terrible.I moved him to the hospice tank where he died the next morning.

They are tricky suckers-I had my two large ones in the same tank with a divider for 2-3 months, put them together while I watched 'em for 3-4 hours, then I left the room for dinner and WHAM! One filleted the other.

Sorry about that.

oscar-lover
03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
sorry for your loss, they are beautiful fish, how much do they cost....are they readily available time to time...????

donkey
03-19-2010, 11:18 PM
They are actually pretty hard to find in the LFS.My first one I bought at the TCA auction for around $40 and the other one I got from Joe for $30.The 2nd one died on Wednesday so I guess I don't have to worry about them anymore.That sucks because the first one got along great with the other fish and all the 2nd one wanted to do was fight and he lost after he took out the first one.Fishkeeping sucks sometime but thats how we learn what not to do for next time.

fidel
03-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Nice.
Is that a myan?