PDA

View Full Version : Empire Pets

Goathead
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
These guys are not local, but I wanted to ensure that locals are carefull when dealing with them. They are a transhipper, which means many of their products are shipped to the customer from the manufacturer. This is not normally a problem, but they take your money before finding out if the product is available. I tried to order Clout, and when they realized it wasnt available the money was already gone. I have been fighting tooth and nail for my refund, to no avail. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, which doesnt seem to phase empire pets, because they have 500+ complaints with them already. Please be careful if you plan to deal with them or any subsidiary of Millenium Empire.

Typical Tony
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
wow that sucks... what form of payment did you paid with?

i know if you did paypal, you can dispute it and get your money back, same goes with most credit card company.

rolloffhill
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Gary

How's life otherwise?:)

khrister
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Jehmco has them for cheap in bulk quantity too.
Thanks for the heads up Gary!

Holey_Rock_of_Texas
02-23-2010, 03:50 PM
wow. it is amazing how some companies stay in business.

BODYDUB
02-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I always call anyone before I place an order from a website to ensure the item I want is in stock..........

Goathead
02-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I paid by CC, and i think Chase charges a fee to dispute so i will leave that as a last resort. Everything is going good, just fighting the good fight. I have another (and my last) kid on the way. He is due in July. Hows everyone doing in the DFW?

Goathead added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I always call anyone before I place an order from a website to ensure the item I want is in stock..........

I did that!! Pond Clout is discontinued, so I wanted to make sure that they had it. :mad:

Goathead added 3 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Jehmco has them for cheap in bulk quantity too.
Thanks for the heads up Gary!

I was looking for Pond Clout, which is a better bang for my buck. I may be forced to buy the standard Clout, but i am leaning toward Metro. Jehmco has 500 grams for $40. My Petros arent sick but I am out of Meds, so i just want to be prepared.

poel_19
02-23-2010, 08:48 PM
good to see you bro!!! congrats on the new one coming!

Goathead
02-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Thank Joel. How are things going with you?

poel_19
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
same ole same ole!

fishman76092
02-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Lots of these places are people doing it out of their homes. Thats the double edged sword of the internet. There is little to no overhead so people can sell stuff cheap, but it also attracts thieves.

I've learned the hard way-I only deal with true brick/mortar establishments on the internet. I went back to what you did and bought some metronidizole on Ebay a month or so ago because I needed a lot of it and I got non-soluble metro that was advertised for fish....but the bottle says its for people (and written in spanish). I did get it to dissolve in water, but it took a blender to get it done.

Back to Big Als, Foster/Smiths and Thatpetplace for me!

Goathead
02-24-2010, 07:56 AM
normally I am very careful, and make sure the company has good reviews. I was in a rush to find pond clout before it was completely gone. Not a mistake i will make again. :spend:

alta678
02-24-2010, 06:07 PM
I went back to what you did and bought some metronidizole on Ebay a month or so ago because I needed a lot of it and I got non-soluble metro that was advertised for fish....but the bottle says its for people (and written in spanish).

I am assuming it does for people what it does for fish? :confuzeld:

fishman76092
02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
I am assuming it does for people what it does for fish? :confuzeld:

I suppose. My wife speaks spanish so she translated it. It smelled funny too when it dissolved.