PDA

View Full Version : Heat Packs for shipping fish

Bettabreeder
02-23-2010, 07:55 AM
does anyone know where i will be able to find these locally?

Austin
02-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Target, walmart, lowes, home depot... Just use hand warmers. I found them at target last summer (harder to find them in June vs now). They were Coleman brand in the sporting goods section.

kewlkatdady
02-23-2010, 09:07 AM
academy has them by each register...

Bettabreeder
02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
i know they have those but i was actually wondering about the UNI-HEAT heat packs that last like 24 hours and some 40 hours. i was wondering if anyone seen some in petshops around here....but i guess i'll use the ones from homedeopt for now. thanks guys.:)

Typical Tony
02-23-2010, 10:01 AM
i rarely see them around... call up DNA or Fish Gallery, they might carry them.

I usually use the wally world ones, they seem to do the job fine. It's all about insulation, if done right... those 12hrs one can last a couple of days.

Austin
02-23-2010, 10:19 AM
How do you plan to ship to need 40 hours of heat? Airport to airport will get it there in a few hours

Bettabreeder
02-23-2010, 10:29 AM
How do you plan to ship to need 40 hours of heat? Airport to airport will get it there in a few hours

well, someone plans to buy bettas from me but instead of express shipping, she prefers priority. so if they bettas do end somewhere in transfer for a few days they wont die of low temperatures. just want to be on the safe side. now if its express, i wouldnt worry at all.

BODYDUB
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh ok you just ned just one, I thought you were looking to buy bulk.......

Typical Tony
02-23-2010, 05:46 PM
well, someone plans to buy bettas from me but instead of express shipping, she prefers priority. so if they bettas do end somewhere in transfer for a few days they wont die of low temperatures. just want to be on the safe side. now if its express, i wouldnt worry at all.

line the box with foams and aluminum foil and that will keep the heat in for awhile...