PDA

View Full Version : My new shipment of fish just got in

fidel
02-19-2010, 03:08 PM
OK SO I FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT THE GOONCH CATFISH THAT I WAS GOING TO ORDER WASNT EVEN THE SAME SPEICES I WAS LOOKING FOR SO I CANCELED HIM AND THE GAR. SO I ENDED UP GETTING

2 F1 MARONI GEO SURINAMENSIS
1 WC GUAYANA GEO HEKLII
1 F1 URUGUAY GYMNOGEO AUSTALIS

THE OTHER INHABITANTS ARE

3 WC CICHLA SPECKELED OCELLARIS
1 WC SURINAME GEO SURINAMENSIS
1 WC RIO TAPAJOS SATANOPERCA ACUTICEPS
2 F1 BOULENGEROCHROMIS MICROLEPIS

I COULDNT GET GOOD PICS YET SO I JUST MADE A VIDEO

YouTube- MOV03465.MPG

pam916
02-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Nice looking fish.l

fishman76092
02-20-2010, 06:56 AM
OK SO I FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT THE GOONCH CATFISH THAT I WAS GOING TO ORDER WASNT EVEN THE SAME SPEICES I WAS LOOKING FOR SO I CANCELED HIM AND THE GAR. SO I ENDED UP GETTING

2 F1 MARONI GEO SURINAMENSIS
1 WC GUAYANA GEO HEKLII
1 F1 URUGUAY GYMNOGEO AUSTALIS

THE OTHER INHABITANTS ARE

3 WC CICHLA SPECKELED OCELLARIS
1 WC SURINAME GEO SURINAMENSIS
1 WC RIO TAPAJOS SATANOPERCA ACUTICEPS
2 F1 BOULENGEROCHROMIS MICROLEPIS

I COULDNT GET GOOD PICS YET SO I JUST MADE A VIDEO

YouTube- MOV03465.MPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIGScFLyv0)

Nice lookers! Who did you bring them in from? Hope you dont plan on keeping the B. microlepis long term with them?? The growth rates differences will be alarming as will the aggression when those emperors hit 12".

I ask as you have at least one fish in the video that is not listed in your stock list and I did not see S. acuticeps. The Geo 'surinamensis' with the tear drop under its eye is Geo. dicrozoster more than likely although it could be one of a few that has that. The body shape says dicrozoster more than likely-they are much better looking anyway.

As for the S. acuticeps. I see S. leucosticta or S. jurupari, hard to tell in the video. S. acuticeps have large spots on their sides like S. daemon.

Most F0 Geos are mixed up when they arrive at the distributors from the wild and some pick through them and separate them and some dont. They list them generically as Geo surinamensis or Geo jurupari/acuticeps and there typically is 3-6 different species in the box when they show up as they will collect 10 at one location, travel to another location and get 5 more and so on-then put them together to ship them once they have a box lot full. Most common depending on collection point they list is G. abalios, G. winemilleri, G. dicrozoster, G. altifrons. G. taenioparius and G. argyrosticta are nice little treasures sometimes mixed in. For the Satanopercas- almost always S. leucosticta, S. jurupari, and S. daemon. The daemon pop out as they are the only one of those three that have large black spots on their sides.

fidel
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh yeah i know that im going to be making them their own tank once they hit 7in i thing i have a male and a female but its hard to tell

they came in from rapps, snookin21, amazon cichlids.com, and aai

plantedpufferfreak
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
nice!