PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Sports

bhughes
01-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Thought I would share the sports that take place in my tanks.
In the 58g. we have foot ball. The game is played with half an algae waffer. I drop it in, usally my biggest silver dollar gets it. So start the chase back and forth all around the tank. The other two silver dollars try for the football (we call the waffer) The giant danio run interference really just getting in the way. Ocassionally one of the geos will run a bit of defense. There is the fumble. The smallest silver dollar is ussally so amazed to get the ball he loses it right away. Or maybe it is a lateral to the big one.(Butch) :hehe:

Next is a new game since the baby blue snails have arrived. The shrimp play basketball with them. You guessed it the snails are the balls. And I don't belive they are asked whether they want to play. A game of dribble just starts.

Please feel free to share any aquarium sport going on at your home. And pictures would be great I have tried but not gotten any will continue trying.

TxAquaGardens
01-08-2010, 09:07 AM
That is hilarious Beth...LMAOroflmao

UncleSamsPuppet
01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Does synchronized swimming count?

OOwl
01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Andrew, LOL!!!! THAT was funny! roflmao

My oscars have a cat toy ball in their tank and play water Quidish with it. They've broken two so far catching it in their mouths.

bhughes
01-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Andrew, LOL!!!! THAT was funny! roflmao

My oscars have a cat toy ball in their tank and play water Quidish with it. They've broken two so far catching it in their mouths.Pictures! I want to see a cat ball in an oscars mouth!

Dr. Awkward
01-08-2010, 07:33 PM
My flagfish have a little stick that fell off a piece of driftwood that they like to take turns holding in their mouths like dogs. One will swim around with it for awhile, drop it, then the other will pick it up. The male gets mad when the female has the stick and chases her until she drops it.

bgk245
01-08-2010, 07:47 PM
At one point when my tank included a bristlenose, a gold snail, and a couple of African dwarf frogs, we used to have all sorts of games. I'd drop in shrimp pellets and watch the Friday night fights between the bn and the frogs - he would try to head butt the frogs, and they'd try to sneak in around him to get the goods.

Except the real action was in the alternate event. While they were battling it out, the snail just oozed on in and sat on it. Game over.

China8USA
01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I turned on the lights tonight and saw a fight break out. An 8 inch FH/veija mix was picking a fight with the big trimac. He was darting all over alternating from his mother chasing him around to the trimac flaring up and causing the tank to scatter.

His mom really does kick his butt. Even though he is bigger.:confused:

They sorted it out. The younger fish has grown his nuchal hump somewhat.